The safety of students is of primary concern. All students are expected to abide by the bus rules and to show respect for the driver of the bus. Students breaking the rules will be subject to disciplinary action and may suffer the loss of bus riding privileges. Video monitoring systems are on most buses.
High school students must display their bus identification in order to ride the bus. Students attending a school through Open Enrollment are not eligible for district transportation.
All passengers are under the authority of the bus driver and shall observe the following rules:
- Obey the bus driver’s instructions and directions at all times.
- Bus aisles/emergency exits shall remain clear of all objects.
- Stay properly seated with your back against the seat back, your legs facing forward and all parts of your body out of the aisle.
- Keep your head, hands, feet and objects to yourself and inside the bus.
- Talk quietly, use respectful language – no profanity.
- No eating or drinking on the bus (water in plastic bottles is acceptable).
- Animals, insects, skateboards, glass containers, weapons/dangerous instruments, tobacco, alcohol or drugs are not permitted.
- No student has the right to interfere with the safety, well-being or learning of others.
Follow the rules - don’t lose your riding privilege.