The CTE Advisory was established in the spring of 2014 with the goal of creating a sustainable partnership with business and community leaders.
The focus of the CTE Advisory is to provide career awareness opportunities to students in order to prepare them to enter the workplace.
High school is an integral part of workforce development. Students who are made aware of career pathways and employability skills are better prepared for college and the workplace.
Students and business/community members benefit from the school-to-work connection. Students have the opportunity to explore career pathways. The CTE Advisory provides the opportunity for students to hear directly from the business community regarding vital employability skills needed to enter the workplace.
- Career Forums provide a panel of industry professionals to share their personal career journey and specific information about a career pathway.
- Guest Speakers provide up-to-date information directly from industry.
- Mock Interviews provide students an opportunity to prepare for interviews.
- Faculty Discussions provide the opportunity for faculty to hear directly from business/industry/community members.
- Community Service projects provide opportunities for CTSO students.
Questions? Please Contact:
Director of CTE
CTE Literacy Coach
Business Advisory Partnerships