How to Volunteer at PVSchools
There are three ways in which you can volunteer at PVSchools and make a difference to a child's education. You can donate your time as a:
- Site Volunteer
- Chaperone, Community Volunteer or Volunteer Coach
- Volunteer in Paradise (VIP) Tutor
Site Volunteers always work under the direct supervision of the professional staff at the school site, and only with those teachers who have requested the services of a volunteer. Site Volunteers are asked to review the guidelines, procedures and responsibilities in the online Volunteer Handbook.
Site Volunteering Opportunities
Classroom instructional volunteer
Classroom assistance volunteer
- Clerical assistance
- Health office assistant
- Library / Media Center volunteer
Who Can Apply to Be a Site Volunteer?
A Site Volunteer is a parent, stepparent, legal guardian or grandparent who has a student at the school where he/she wishes to volunteer. If you wish to volunteer at the district-level rather than at a school contact the Human Resources Department at (602) 449-2177.
How Do You Apply to Be a Site Volunteer?
School sites will have the volunteer forms. Please visit the school site at which you wish to volunteer, and complete the Site Volunteer Application and the Site Volunteer Agreement.
School Chaperones/Community Volunteers/Volunteer Coaches
School chaperones perform an invaluable service, providing for the safety of students attending events and on field trips. Any individual such as a parent, step-parent, legal guardian, grandparent or relative is eligible to be a school chaperone after a background screening. Chaperones will be fingerprinted and must agree to a background check.
Who Are Our Chaperones/Community Volunteers/Volunteer Coaches?
- Chaperone: Parent, Guardian or Grandparent of a student who’s volunteering at student’s school and will be alone with students on local or overnight field trip.
- Community Volunteer: Person who DOES NOT have a student or grandchild at school volunteering at.
- Volunteer Coach: Person who will volunteer with athletics whether or not he/she has a student or grandchild at the school they help out at.
How Do I Apply to Be a Chaperone/Community Volunteer/Volunteer Coach?
- Go to the PVSchools Volunteer job description page.
- Click on Apply Online.
- Create a login and password.
Volunteer in Paradise (VIP)
The Volunteer in Paradise program matches community volunteers with one of the district's participating schools. We are looking for dedicated, high-quality volunteers seeking meaningful opportunities to make a difference. Volunteer tutors are needed in all subject areas in kindergarten through grade 6 at select schools. Visit the VIP page.
United Parent Council/PTOs
Get involved in the parent-teacher organization at your school. The district works closely with the United Parent Council, a coalition of all PTOs district-wide that has regular dialog with governing board members and the superintendent.